Views: 0 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2022-01-18 Origin: Site
The production of public transportation wiring harnesses is currently mainly a labor-intensive operation, i.e., it relies on manual work. Because based on the installation of the harness, no manual installation, because the harness originally put a bundle of wires with electrical tape rolled up, so the roll of tape this link, but also really rely on the hands. Secondly, the problem of plug terminals, the same plug inside a lot of different color distinction of the wire, you need to install a different column to insert the plug. Let me give you a detailed description of the components of public transportation wiring harnesses!
Here is the content list:
Wire Harness Crimp Terminals
The plastic parts of the public transportation wiring harness, also known as connectors, sheaths, are commonly known as "headers"! Its main material is mainly plastic, with good insulation characteristics. Connectors and crimp terminals, drain plugs together called harness connectors, harness connectors in the vehicle electrical architecture play a "bridge role" in the circuit, the power supply to the controller, control before the circuit to the appliances and other current connections required, through the connector makes a different path can pass current to achieve the function. As the whole car used as many as hundreds of connectors, so the wiring harness connector more with the shape, the number of holes and special color to distinguish, to prevent assembly errors, special circumstances, two similar wiring harness connector available branch length and relative to the entire car installation location to distinguish.
Public transportation wiring harnesses crimp terminals, often called terminals, its plastic parts as a carrier, to achieve cable and electrical conductivity. Terminal ordinary material to copper-based, the contact surface is often galvanized or tin-plated to enhance the conductivity, vehicle safety, such as airbag part, the use of silver-plated terminals, for other higher requirements for contact resistance, higher corrosion resistance parts, the terminal contact surface can be used gold-plated material (such terminals should not be sold as scrap metal!). Subdivision of the terminal can be divided into 9 parts:
1. Insulation skin inspection window. Area 5 insulated riveting area for crimping core wire outer surface insulation layer, the requirements of crimping, location 1 need to leave the insulation skin for the terminal crimping geometry check, to press and not pierce as the standard.
3. Brushtail inspection window. Similar to 1, for the tail end of the terminal crimp core, a gap of 0.5-1mm needs to be left for the terminal crimp geometry check.
4. Locking tabs. After the terminal is inserted into the plastic, it will correspond to the locking structure in the plastic, so that the terminal can be more securely fixed in the plastic, to ensure that the terminal will not fall off.
5. Insulation riveting area for crimping the outer surface of the core insulation layer of the area.
6. Conductor crimping area for the terminal mainly crimped core area.
7. Terminal bonding area for the terminal and the appliance, or connector male terminal and female terminal connection area.
8. Material with residual ears.
9. Crimp column stop ears terminals as a complex structure body not only to meet the geometry of the reasonableness of the size, usually using a visual method, profile analysis to observe the terminal and cable crimping is reasonable and correct.
After the completion of the terminal crimping, the need to test to verify its reliability in function and structural performance, common tests are tension test and contact resistance test. Terminal tension test is to test the tightness of the metal terminal and the core connection, the use of a universal tensile testing machine. Repeat the test until the core and the terminal are off position, record the data on the instrument panel of the tensile machine.
So with my little introduction, did you learn about some of the components of public transportation wiring harnesses? I hope my introduction has been helpful to you!